A Brief Final Note

 When I started my blog I wondered if I had three or four months to write. Two and a half years earlier I was diagnosed with stage four cancer, and after operations, radiation and many rounds of chemo, I was pronounced “terminal.” 

     That was nearly two years and 170 posts ago. It was a great distraction for me and I filled many enjoyable hours working on these stories. I learned so much U.S. history in investigating my family's lives. Now, the stories I still have to tell will have to be left unsaid. I am in hospice and lack the energy it takes to spend so many hours researching and writing. Thanks to anyone who ever took the time to read any of my posts. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing But An Old Maid

The Curse of Kaskaskia and Sister Josephine Barber

Wedding Gift Must-Haves of the 1870s and '80s